Difference between revisions of "Load Balancing"
Revision as of 09:13, 16 May 2019
Load Balancing is method aiming to spread traffic across multiple links to get better link usage. This can be done one per-packet or per-connection basis.
This method uses firewall packet marking to select one from multiple gateways.
- Per-Traffic Load Balancing
- Load Balancing over Multiple Gateways
- Manual:Load balancing multiple same subnet links
ECMP (Equal Cost Multi-Path)
This method uses multiple gateway with same cost.
PCC (Per Connection Classifier)
- NTH load balancing with masquerade
- NTH load balancing with masquerade (another approach)
- Manual:NTH in RouterOS 3.x
Can combine multiple links to get link with higher speed.
Two or more links are setup with dynamic routing protocol OSPF with equal cost. Then equal multipath routing is used.
- Manual:Route Selection Algorithm in RouterOS#Load balancing and dynamic routing protocols