Difference between revisions of "Manual:CHR Hetzner"
(Created page with "[https://www.hetzner.com/cloud Hetzner Cloud] allows you to run virtual machines in the cloud. Standard images include various generic Linux distributions, but it is also poss...")
Revision as of 12:36, 22 May 2019
Hetzner Cloud allows you to run virtual machines in the cloud. Standard images include various generic Linux distributions, but it is also possible to run RouterOS CHR with a little workaround. You have to boot the cloud server in the rescue system, download the CHR raw disk image and write it over the system disk of the cloud server. It can be done in just a few steps.
- Create a new Hetzner Cloud server (any of the offered)
- In the cloud admin interface activate the rescue system and restart the server (ENABLE RESCUE & POWER CYCLE). A username and passwoord will be shown. Use that to log into the rescue system via SSH
- Download the newest CHR raw disk image:
wget https://download2.mikrotik.com/routeros/6.44.3/chr-6.44.3.img.zip, the latest version is available from the download page
- Issue the following command
unzip chr-6.44.3.img.zip | dd of=/dev/sda bs=1MIt will unzip the CHR image and write it over the system disc of the cloud server (/dev/sda)
- Restart the server and log into the RouterOS CHR with default user - admin
- Please secure your RouterOS right away