Manual:CHR Hyper-V installation
From MikroTik Wiki
Setting up the guest
- Step 1: Choose to make new Hyper-V guest
- Step 2: Choose a name of the guest
- Step 3: "Generation 1" should be used for RouterOS guests
- Step 4: Select amount of RAM available for the guest, deselect dynamic management
- Step 5: Choose networking capabilities for your new router.
- Step 6: Do not create a new drive for the guest, instead, select option - "Use existing disk" and browse to the download folder where you have downloaded the VHDX image from the MikroTik download page.
- Step 7: Select the downloaded image file.
- Step 8: The summary of the configuration.
- Step 9: Setup is complete, just start the created guest.