Manual:CHR ProxMox installation
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Create a new guest with the system disk and other devices as required.
- Then you have to manually upload the CHR disk (.img) on the ProxMox host.
- Use scp or any other comparable tool as that will use SSH for the upload and it does not require any additional configuration.
- Either copy the file to the server and then manually edit the VM's .conf file or replace previously created system image file used for booting the guest.
- Local storage on ProxMox is in /var/lib/vz directory. There should be a subdirectory called images with a directory for each VM (named by the VM number). You can copy the files directly there.
- For adding the existing file to the VM, edit the VM's .conf file directly. Look in /etc/pve/qemu-server/ for a file with the VM number followed by .conf.