Flashfig applies MikroTik RouterOS configuration to any RouterBOARD within 3 seconds. You can "flashfig" batch of routers, the only thing you need - connect it to network and power RouterBOARD.
Flashfig runs on a Windows computer, Flashfig is available from Netinstall.
Flashfig configuration is reloaded after reset-configuration was applied to a router.
Flashfig is supported by all RouterBOARDs. It works between computer with Flashfig and RouterBOARD in the same broadcast domain (direct Ethernet network connection is required).
Flashfig support is enabled on every RouterBOARD by default, which came from factory (RouterBOARD purchased recently). Alternatively Flashfig could be enabled via RouterBOOT or from MikroTik RouterOS console.
This is a step by step example of how to use Flashfig to set typical MikroTik RouterOS configuration to RouterBOARD.
Flashfig is available from Netinstall,
The Windows computer must be equipped with the following ports and contain the following files:
- Ethernet port;
- The .rsc file(s) with MikroTik RouterOS configuration (the same as export/import file);
- The latest NetInstall/Flashfig program available from the downloads page;
- Flashfig is supported by first boot of RouterBOARD;
- Run Flashfig;
- Prepare .rsc file, .rsc file is regular/import file, it accepts valid MikroTik RouterOS CLI commands. You can create .rsc file by any text-editor program (Notepad, Texteditor, TextEdit, Microsoft Word, OpenOffice Writer);
- Assign Boot Client Address, which should be address from the same subnet as configured on laptop Ethernet interface,
- Browse for .rsc MikroTik RouterOS configuration file to apply to RouterBOARD, highlight the file and Select to approve it,
- Activate Flashfig server, now it is ready to Flashfig. Note, any RouterBOARD will be flashfiged within the network, which is powered on with boot-device configured to flash-boot or flash-boot-once-then-nand,
- Flashfig mode is enabled on every RouterBOARD from factory by default, which means no configuration is required on RouterBOARD.
- If Flashfig is not enabled on your router, access the RouterBOARD with Winbox/Console and set the configuration,
/system routerboard settings set boot-device=flash-boot
or use more preferable option,
/system routerboard settigs set boot-device=flash-boot-once-then-nand
Your router is now ready for Flashfig.
Connect RouterBOARD and Flashfig computer to the same Local Area Network.
- Plug power for RouterBOARD
- Check the status on Flashfig program,
Log is showing that router is Flashfigged and RouterBOARD will make sound/LED signal. Unplug the RouterBOARD.
- Flashig applied configuration to the RouterBOARD and you can use it in production.