Difference between revisions of "Manual:The Dude"
Revision as of 12:11, 14 July 2010
The Dude is a free application by MikroTik, which can dramatically improve the way you manage your network environment.
It will automatically scan all devices within specified subnets, draw and layout a map of your networks, monitor services of your devices and execute actions based on device state changes.
Not only can you monitor your devices, you can also manage them. Mass upgrade RouterOS devices, configure them right from within the Dude interface, run network monitoring tools etc.
- Installation and requirements
- First launch of the Dude
- Main window overview
- Search and Export to PDF/CSV
- Web interface
- Translating The Dude
- Dude windows installation
- Dude Linux Installation
- Exporting and Importing Configuration
- Before doing anything guide
- Getting started with Functions and probes
- Quick guide to a good probe
- Using Discovery
- Device management
- Graphing Client Signal Strength
- Managing Multiple Remote Bridged Routers
- Dude as Syslog Server
- Dude como Servidor Syslog (el español)
- Custom probe settings
- Extra Tools
- Start The Dude with Shortcut
- Email notifications
- Email notifications using... Gmail
- Alternate SMTP port for notifications
- View and Graph the Number of Wireless Clients
- Display voltage for Mipsbe devices
- DOCSIS Statistics (Arris C3, Motorola cablemodems) (new)
- Dudes as a windows service (Outdated, Dude now support it)