User Manager/DHCP Example
To make this setup, you should have running [DHCP server on the router. Let's consider configuration steps for DHCP and User Manager routers, in order to use User Manager for DHCP server users.
DHCP router configuration
- Set DHCP to use User Manager for DHCP server users,
/ ip dhcp-server set dhcp1 use-radius=yes
- Add radius client to consult User Manager for DHCP service.
/ radius add service=dhcp address=y.y.y.y secret=123456
'secret' is equal to User Manager router secret. 'y.y.y.y' is the User Manager router address.
- Note, first local router database is consulted, then User Manager database.
User Manager configuration
/ tool user-manager customer add login="MikroTik" password="qwerty" permissions=owner
* Add DHCP router information to router list,
/ tool user-manager router add subscriber=MikroTik ip-address=x.x.x.x shared-secret=123456
'x.x.x.x' is the address of the DHCP router, 'shared-secret' should match on both User Manager and DHCP routers.
* Add DHCP user information, that set client with MAC address 00:01:29:27:81:95 will always receive 192.168.100.2 address.
/ tool user-manager user add add subscriber=MikroTik username="00:01:29:27:81:95" ip-address=192.168.100.2
We discuss only basic configuration example, detailed information about user menu configuration.
- You can use User Manager web interface after first subscriber created.
- To make sure, that user is receiving lease from User Manager,
/ ip dhcp-server lease> print Flags: X - disabled, R - radius, D - dynamic, B - blocked # ADDRESS MAC-ADDRESS HOST-NAME SERVER RATE-LIMIT STATUS 0 R 192.168.100.2 00:01:29:27:81:95 dhcp1 bound
'R' means that lease received from User Manager server.