User Manager/Hotspot Example
To make this setup, you should have running Hotspot server on the router. Let's consider configuration steps for HotSpot and User Manager routers, in order to use User Manager for HotSpot users.
- Set HotSpot to use User Manager for HotSpot server users,
/ ip hotspot profile set hsprof1 use-radius=yes
- Add radius client to consult User Manager for HotSpot service.
/ radius add service=hotspot address=y.y.y.y secret=123456
'secret' is equal to User Manager router secret. 'y.y.y.y' is the User Manager router address.
- Note, first local HotSpot database is consulted, then User Manager database.
It means that if you have configuration in '/ ip hotspot user print', users will be able to authenticate in HotSpot using these data. Delete users configuration from '/ ip hotspot print' to stop using local HotSpot database for authentication. To move batch of local HotSpot users to the User Manager database use export/import . Use text editor program to create appropriate file to import local users to the User Manager database.
User Manager configuration
/ tool user-manager customer add login="MikroTik" password="qwerty" permissions=owner
- Add HotSpot router information to router list,
/ tool user-manager router add subscriber=MikroTik ip-address=x.x.x.x shared-secret=123456
'x.x.x.x' is the address of the HotSpot router, 'shared-secret' should match on both User Manager and HotSpot routers.
- Add HotSpot user information, it is equal to 'ip hotspot user' when local HotSpot is used for clients
/ tool user-manager user add username=demo password=demo subscriber=MikroTik
We discuss only basic configuration example, detailed information about 'user' menu configuration.