User Manager/Hotspot Example
To make this setup, you should have running Hotspot server on the router. Let's consider configuration steps for HotSpot and User Manager routers, in order to use User Manager service for HotSpot users.
User Manager configuration
- First, you need to install User Manager package;
- Create User Manager subscriber;
- Add HotSpot router information,
/ tool user-manager router add subscriber=MikroTik ip-address=x.x.x.x shared-secret=123456
'x.x.x.x' is the address of the HotSpot router, 'shared-secret' should match on User Manager and HotSpot router.
- Add user information,
/ tool user-manager user add username=demo password=demo subscriber=MikroTik
We discuss only basic configuration example, detailed information about 'user' menu configuration.
- Set HotSpot to use User Manager for HotSpot server users,
/ ip hotspot profile set hsprof1 use-radius=yes
- Add radius client to consult User Manager for HotSpot service. 'address=127.0.0.1' points RADIUS client to use local router as RADIUS server, 'secret' is shared secret used to access the RADIUS server.
/ radius add service=hotspot address=y.y.y.y secret=123456
'Secret' is equal to User Manager router to excange information between them. 'y.y.y.y' is the User Manager router address.