User Manager/User page
If there is only one subscriber registered, user pages don't require any setup.
If there are many subscribers registered in the User Manager, it must be specified explicitly, to which subscriber the user belongs, because there can be many users with the same login belonging to different subscribers.
How to find?
User page can be found at address: http://Router_IP_address/user?subs=publicID , where
- "Router_IP_address" must be replaced with IP address of your router where the User Manager is running (don't mix it with the HotSpot router, if User Manager and HotSpot are running on different routers);
- publicID must be replaced with public-id of the subscriber who is the owner of this user;
- If there is only one subscriber on this router the part "?subs=..." can be skipped, i.e., then the address http://Router_IP_address/user can be used.
What is Public ID and how to change it?
Each subscriber already has an unique field - login. But for security reasons another field - Publid ID is used. Note: In earlier versions (until version 2.9.31) login is used to identify subscriber.
Each customer has a Public ID. It can be configured in the customer section (TODO - link to customer section). But there is no need to specify public ID for each customer. Because the subscriber search procedure occurs as follows:
- Search for a customer with specified public ID. If no customer found, the default (first) subscriber is used. Otherwise proceed to the next step;
- Search for a subscriber (owner) of the customer just found. Every customer has its subscriber, so this procedure always finds the result.
So only one customer per subscriber must have a public ID defined. Usually the subscriber itself has a public ID and all the other customers can live without it.
Link to the user pages
Links and buttons to user pages can be used in other web pages. There are several things configurable:
- router IP address;
- subscriber's public ID;
- caption on the link/button.
To get a textual link to user pages, replace this template with your own values:
- %hostname% - router's hostname or IP address;
- %subid% - subscriber's public ID;
- %caption% - caption of the link that will be show to user.
TODO - hotspot template