User Manager/User page
If there is only one subscriber registered, user pages don't require any setup.
If there are many subscribers registered in the User Manager, it must be specified explicitly, to which subscriber the user belongs, because there can be many users with the same login belonging to different subscribers.
How to find?
User page can be found at address: http://Router_IP_address/user?subs=publicID , where
- "Router_IP_address" must be replaced with IP address of your router where the User Manager is running (don't mix it with the HotSpot router, if User Manager and HotSpot are running on different routers);
- publicID must be replaced with public ID of the subscriber who is the owner of this user;
- If there is only one subscriber on this router the part "?subs=..." can be skipped, i.e., then the address http://Router_IP_address/user can be used.
What is Public ID and how to change it?
See this page.
Link to user pages
Links and buttons to user pages can be used in other web pages. There are several things configurable:
- router IP address;
- subscriber's public ID;
- caption on the link/button.
To get a textual link to user pages, replace this template with your own values:
- %hostname% - router's hostname or IP address;
- %subid% - subscriber's public ID;
- %caption% - caption of the link that will be show to user.
Example: To get a link to userman.mt.lv router's demo subscriber user pages, use the following link:
<a href="http://userman.mt.lv/user?subs=demo">This is an example link to Mikrotik User Manager demo User pages</a>
And it looks like this: This is an example link to Mikrotik User Manager demo User pages
To get a button, which leads to user pages, replace this template with your own values:
Example: To get a button-link to userman.mt.lv router's demo subscriber user pages, use the following link:
The visual representation cannot be shown here because of the wiki security so you have to pretend how it looks like.
The same button-link is used in HotSpot page templates. By default it looks like this:
<!-- user manager link --> <button onclick="document.location='http://$(hostname)/user?subs='">status</button>
$(hostname) here is replaced with the hostname of the HotSpot router (so the default link works only if HotSpot and User Manager are running on the same router). And "subs=" means that first subscriber will be used (works fine when there's only one subscriber on the router). Hostname and subscriber id can be replaced with desired values.
This par of a document describes sections available in user pages. For navigation use the menu on the left side:
Here the user can see account's status:
This information is also formatted for printing. See print preview in the browser (Usually under File > Print preview in the browser's toolbar). Credits and sessions are formed in boxes. These boxes can be "minimized" - the button on the upper right corner of the box. A minimized box will not be printed (see print preview).
Here the user can see:
- Prepaid time - duration of all the credits bought (See: time constants). Or the word unlimited (See prepaid and unlimited users);
- Total price - how much all the credits cost;
- Uptime limit - the maximum allowed duration of user's sessions;
- Uptime used - current duration of user's sessions;
- Download used
- Upload used
Table with all credits this user has bought. No data for unlimited users.
If there are credits that are not started yet (see: credits), start-time and end-time fields contain values "awaiting login".
Table with all user's sessions.
In this section user can configure his/her parameters:
- Private information (informational, not used by User Manager):
- First name;
- Last name;
- Email - used to send emails to user. Must be unique.
If values provided in "New password" and "Retype new password" fields, the password will be changed.