From MikroTik Wiki
- Users are people who use services provided by customers;
- Each user can have time, traffic and speed limitations;
- Users belong to specific subscriber, not to customer. Customers can create, modify and delete users but the owner is the subscriber who is also owner of these customers;
- To separate users among customers of one subscriber, user prefix is used.
- User data contains:
- Username and password - used to identify user. Different subscribers can have users with the same username;
- First name, last name, phone, location. Informational;
- Email. Used to send notifications to user (for ex., sign-up email);
- IP address. If not blank, user will get this IP address on successful authorisation;
- Pool name. If not blank, user will get IP address from this IP pool on successful authorisation;
- Uptime limit. Limit of total time the user can use services. When left blank, user is limited in time only by credits;
- Rate limits. Has several parts. For more detailed description see topic "HotSpot User AAA" in Mikrotik Documentation, Online Reference manual (can be found in documentation page), search for "rate-limit".
- User also have read-only counters:
- Uptime used;
- Download used;
- Upload used.
Note: RouterOS users have nothing to do with User Manager user. If you have RouterOS user admin, it doesn't mean it will also be a customer/subscriber in User Manager.