Netinstall is a tool designed for Windows operating systems to reinstall MikroTik devices running RouterOS (except for non-MikroTik x86 devices). Netinstall re-formats the device's disk and copies over fresh files on to the system's disk, this can solve multiple issues when your device is not working properly. Always try using Netinstall if you suspect that your device is not working properly.
How to use Netinstall
- Download Netinstall from our downloads page.
- Download RouterOS Main package from our downloads page.
- Disconnect your computer from WiFi, Ethernet, LTE or any other type of connections!
- Configure a static IP address for your Ethernet interface, open Start and select Settings:
- Open Network & Internet
- Select Change adapter options
- Right click on your Ethernet interface and select Properties
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties
- Check Use the following IP address and fill out the fields as shown in the image below
- Open your Downloads folder (or wherever you saved the downloaded files) and extract the Netinstall .zip file to a convenient place
- Extract the files
- Run Netinstall.exe
- Allow access for Netinstall in Public networks
- Configure Net booting settings and fill out the required fields as shown in the image below
- Connect your device to your computer using an Ethernet cable directly (without any other devices in-between), plug the Ethernet cable into your device's Etherboot port. Most commonly, RouterBOARD devices are able to use Netinstall from their first port (Ether1), or from the port marked with "BOOT".
- Power up your device and put it into Etherboot mode
- Wait for the device to show up in Netinstall, select it and press Browse...
- Navigate to your Downloads folder (or wherever you saved your RouterOS packages) and press OK
- Select your desired RouterOS version and press Install
- Wait for the installation to finish and press "Reboot"
- You are done! Remove the device from power, remove the Ethernet cable, place the device back in your network and your device should be running properly now!
|Routers/Drives||list of system drives on which RouterOS can be installed and list of routers that were detected to be in Etherboot mode. When installing RouterOS on a drive, the drive is going to be formatted, make sure you have saved all information from that drive.|
|Make floppy||used to create a bootable 1.44" floppy disk for PCs which don't have Etherboot support.|
|Net booting (yes | no; Default: no)||Used to enable PXE booting on your network, should be enabled and configured to have an IP address of your network in order for Netinstall to function properly.|
|Install/Cancel||After selecting the router or drive and selecting the RouterOS packages below, use this to start or stop the installation.|
|SoftID (Ready-only)||The Software-ID that belongs to the router. Use this ID to purchase a key for your device if required.|
|Key (use previous key | browse | get key; Default: use previous key)||Specify the licence key for your RouterOS device, use the previous key (if your device already has a licence key), apply the purchased key (if your device does not have a license) by selecting Browse or retrieve a key from your mikrotik.com account directly using a prepaid key, a deposit or credit card by selecting Get key, or leave it blank to install a 24h trial version (the device will not be accessible after the trial has expired).|
|Flashfig||Launches the Flashfig utility, which can be used to apply a custom configuration on new devices easy and fast.|
|Keep old configuration (yes | no; Default: no)||Keeps the configuration that was on the router, just reinstalls the software (does not remove the current configuration)/|
|IP address/Netmask (IP address/Netmask; Default: )||If set, then Netinstall will apply the specified IP address after installing RouterOS.|
|Gateway (IP address; Default: )||If set, then Netinstall will apply the specified gateway address after installing RouterOS.|
|Baud rate (integer; Default: 115200)||If set, then Netinstall will apply the specified baudrate for serial console after installing RouterOS.|
|Apply default config (yes | no; Default: no)||Applies default configuration on the device. If not selected and Baud rate, Gateway, IP address/Netmask and Configure script is not set, then the default configuration will be applied.|
|Configure script (yes | no; Default: no)||If set, then Netinstall will apply a custom configuration script after installing RouterOS. The file must be in .rsc file format and must be produced by the export command. The configuration script will replace the device's default configuration and will be applied each time you reset your device back to the default configuration. Resetting the device without the default configuration is not affected. This behaviour can be reverted using Netinstall and by selecting Apply default config.|