RouterOS allows to configure each leds activity the way that user wishes. It is possible to configure the leds to display wireless strength, blink the leds on interface traffic activity and many other options.
For example default led configuration on Groove
[admin@MikroTik] /system leds> print Flags: X - disabled # TYPE INTERFACE LEDS 0 wireless-signal-strength led1 led2 led3 led4 led5 1 interface-activity ether1 user-led
RB Groove uses five leds for wireless strength and one for ethernet activity monitoring.
|disabled (yes | no; Default: no)||Whether item is disabled|
|interface (string; Default: )||Name of the interface which will be used for led status. Applicable only if type is interface specific.|
|modem-signal-treshold (integer [-113..-51]; Default: )||Applicable if type is modem-signal|
|leds (list of leds; Default: )||List of led names used for status report. For example wireless signal strength will require more than one led.|
|type (ap-cap| flash-access | interface-activity | interface-receive | interface-speed | interface-status | interface-transmit | modem-signal | off | on | poe-out | wireless-signal-strength | wireless-status; Default: )||Type of the status:
Global settings are stored in Leds Setting menu.
/system leds setting
|all-leds-off (after-1h | after-1min | immediate | never; Default: never)||Whether and when all leds of router can be turned off|
The listed devices support turning off all leds (LED dark mode).
- RBcAP2n; RBcAP2nD (cAP); RBcAPGi-5acD2nD (cAP ac)
- RBwsAP5Hac2nD (wsAP ac lite)
- RB760iGS (hEX S)
- RB951Ui-2nD (hAP); RB952Ui-5ac2nD (hAP ac lite); RB952Ui-5ac2nD-TC (hAP ac lite TC)
- RB962UiGS-5HacT2HnT (hAP ac); RBD52G-5HacD2HnD-TC (hAP ac^2)
- RBwAPG-60ad (Wireless Wire)
- RBLHGG-60ad (Wireless Wire Dish)
- RB912UAG-6HPnD (BaseBox 6)
- RB912R-2nD-LTm (ltAP mini / ltAP mini LTE kit)
- RBLHG2nD (LHG 2); RBLHG2nD-XL (LHG XL 2)
- RBLHG5nD (LHG 5); RBLHG5HPnD (LHG HP5); RBLHG5HPnD-XL (LHG XL HP5)
- RBLHGG-5acD (LHG 5 ac); RBLHGG-5acD-XL (LHG XL 5 ac)
- RBLDF-2nD (LDF 2); RBLDF-5nD (LDF 5); RBLDFG-5acD (LDF 5 ac)
Led control via CLI commands for scripting purposes:
- prior to v6.23 and older releases:
#turn led on :led led1=yes #turn led off :led led1=no
- v6.23 and newer releases:
#add led entry with specific type "on" or "off" to leds menu /system leds add leds=led1 type=off #to control led /system leds set [find where leds="led1"] type=on or /system leds set [find where leds="led1"] type=off
Enable the User ACT LED to show current CAP status on a RB951
/system leds add leds=user-led type=ap-cap
Modem Signal Strength example
The whole modem-signal strength range is [-113..-51] and the modem-signal-threshold increases the weakest signal limit to -91 so the signal range for LED indication is [-91..-51]. That range is divided into equal parts depending on number of LEDs configured for modem-signal LED trigger. The first LED turns on when signal is above -91 and the last LED turns on when signal reaches -51.
/system leds add interface=lte1 leds=led1,led2,led3,led4,led5 modem-signal-treshold=-91 type=modem-signal