MikroTik Product Support Service
Always remember, that the most questions are answered and easily explained in the Reference Manual!
- If you have bought at least a Level 4 license, you can get limited support service by e-mail for 30 days after the purchase: support[at]mikrotik.com, if you obtained your license from a reseller - please contact your reseller for support
- If you have a problem with hardware that you have purchased from us, please make a clear description of what exactly happened. Write that to support[at]mikrotik.com and include your invoice number
- You can hire a certified consultant for detailed configurations or network diagnostics
- Don't forget to log on to our Forum
Support Request Instructions
When contacting us at support[at]mikrotik.com:
- Make sure that you have the latest version of the RouterOS. If you don't have it, upgrade your router to the latest version and check if the problem still persists!
- Read the FAQ page, maybe the answer to your question is already there!
- If you have trouble making some setup, check the WIKI for answers, maybe you will find an example for your configuration there!
- Give us your Invoice number, if you purchased MikroTik RouterOS online, or information about preinstalled system you purchased from us. (Support is only for paying customers). Free Demo License users should pay for the license to receive support.
- Give brief problem description, including information about your network setup.
- When the problem appears execute the /system sup-output command to create support output file. Get the supout.rif file from your router using ftp BINARY mode and attach it to your e-mail message with the support request.
- Make sure that you include the previous conversation in the body of the email message when replying and do not delete the ticket number from the message subject
Please note, that support does not include training on TCP/IP, You should have read the Manual and have at least basic knowledge about networking (what is IP address, what is network address, how to use subnets, how to use 'traceroute' for troubleshooting, etc.).Picking up a resource from this list is a good start.
If you are in need of immediate assistance, you can hire a certified consultation specialist.
Problems contacting support
To make sure we receive your email, check if:
- your SMTP server isn't blacklisted in international spam databases
- you have configured your e-mail client properly (missing From name?)
- your e-mail doens't contain improper HTML or attachments that could be suspicious
- the outgoing mailserver is configured properly, and has a valid host name. More info in RFC 2821
Before contacting us, always check the following:
- If you have purchased your MikroTik product from a DEALER or RESELLER, please contact themfor support.
- There might be no answer to your ticket, if it has been submitted without a supout.rif file attached. To get your request answered, please reply to this e-mail with file attached.
- Maybe your problem has already been fixed in a more recent version, so upgrade before contacting support
- Many RouterOS questions are already answered, please look at our Wiki, Documentation and Forum
- If there are problems with a wireless connection.
- check that the antenna connector is connected to the 'main' antenna connector
- check that all screw connectors are tight
- check that there is no water or moisture in the cable and that there has never been water in the cable (replace the cable if needed)
- check that the default rate settings for the radio are being used (use '/system reset' as a final resort -- you must be connected to the console or have keyboard and monitor attached to the router)
If you are NOT a MikroTik product user
Sometimes Mikrotik gets emails from people that think Mikrotik is attacking them, sending spam, etc. Please note, MikroTik is a manufacturer of Networking Devices that are used around the world. Just because the problem seems to be coming from a MikroTik device, doesn't mean that MikroTik Ltd. is involved. Please always check the owner of the IP address before writing to MikroTik Ltd.