From MikroTik Wiki
Load Balancing is methology with aim to spread traffic across multiple links to get better links usage. This can be done one per-packet or per-connection basis.
This method use firewall packet marking to select one from multiple gateways.
- Per-Traffic Load Balancing
- Load Balancing over Multiple Gateways
- Manual:Load balancing multiple same subnet links
- Improved Load Balancing over Multiple Gateways
- Improved Load Balancing over Multiple Gateways Failover Script
ECMP (Equal Cost Multi-Path)
This method use multiple gateway with same cost.
PCC (Per Connection Classifier)
- NTH load balancing with masquerade
- NTH load balancing with masquerade (another approach)
- Manual:NTH in RouterOS 3.x
Can combine multiple links to get link with higher speed.
Two or more links are setup with dynamic routing protocol OSPF with equal cost. Then equal multipath routing is used.
- Manual:Route Selection Algorithm in RouterOS#Load balancing and dynamic routing protocols