Manual:The Dude v6/Installation
The Dude is free software, no purchase is necessary. You can download The Dude from the MikroTik web page, in the download section. When selecting the required instruction set you will see Client software of the Dude, as well as server package NPK file for The Dude server side in RouterOS.
System requirements for client
The Dude client should run on pretty much all of Windows versions starting with Windows XP. Client program does not require much resources so low spec windows computers for monitoring needs will do just fine.
System requirements for server package
- v6.34rc13 or newer
- MikroTik CCR series hardware
- RouterOS x86 installations
- RouterOS CHR environment
- Download The dude Client application and Server package in MikroTik software download page
- Install Client software by following steps through the software installation wizard.
- Client shortcuts are now added to Start menu applications list on your workstation.
- Upload dude .npk package to RouterOS host on which you will use it and reboot it to finish installation.
- After that just check, If dude server is up and running with command: "/dude print"
[admin@MikroTik] > /dude print enabled: yes data-directory: dude
- by default all The Dude data is stored on system disk, if you wish to change it's location the use this command:
/dude set data-directory=(new_db_path)
- Now you are up and running. Just connect with The Dude client and start working.