Manual:The Dude v6/MigrationToNewDude
Exporting databases from old your old Dude servers
Log into your current The dude server with v4.0beta3 or v3.6 application. Click on Export button in upper left window corner and save your database. Depending on your dude version you will get .tgz or .xml file.
Prepare / Install new The Dude Server and Client
- Old Dude client should be uninstalled before installing new version client.
- Upgrade host to ROS v6.32rcXX or newer version if available.
- Upload dude package and reboot the device.
- After the host has started up again, check if The Dude server is running with command: "/dude print". By default it will be enabled right after package installation.
[admin@MikroTik] > /dude print enabled: yes data-directory: dude
- If you wish to change the Dude data directory, you can do it with the command: "/dude set data-directory=(path)"
Import DB into new dude server
1. Upload the backup file to ROS host on which you installed dude package via winbox, webfig or ftp.
2. In cli perform db import.
/dude import-db file=(file_name_path)