From MikroTik Wiki
The Dude is free software, no purchase is necessary. You can download The Dude from the MikroTik webpage, in the Software section. On the Dude page, you will see Stable and Beta versions of the Dude, as well as special NPK files for The Dude support inside RouterOS.
- The Dude changelog provides information about feature changes and bug fixes between versions.
- The Dude license provides legal information regarding the use of The Dude
The Dude runs on most versions of Microsoft Windows. It is recommended to use Windows 2000 or newer. We have successfully used The Dude even on very low power machines, so generally, any system which can acceptably run Windows 2000 or Windows XP will be able to run The Dude.
- Download The Dude installation file
- After downloading the Dude installation file, run it to start the installation.
- After the installation process is complete, The Dude start menu item group will be created, and The Dude will be ready to use